Saturday, September 20, 2008

3 yr anniversary = Chez Panisse Reservations

Just had to share the excitement.

In other news, I made a soufflé from Julia Child's Vol 1. The presentation was dramatic and the taste was amazing.

Do is conquering the world of stews. Found a fabulous new beef stew recipe.

Made Guinness cupcakes for an office party/potluck yesterday. 4 other (female) office mates and I got lost driving to the party in the Berkeley hills, the car gave out on the slippery (super steep) slopes, and it was super foggy. We had to continue on foot, each gal carrying a pot or tray of food, wandering the streets, in the fog, lost. Perfect setup for a horror flick. Thankfully, we made it.

Alright, enough procrastinating.

9 comments:

That Girl said...

Enjoy Chez Panisse! When I was looking at colleges my mom and I did lunch there on our Berkeley tour.

PG said...

Happy anniversary!

Wow - that is some dedication to making it to a potluck.

I hope Do is going to share this recipe.

judy said...

Amazing! Does sound scary, and I want to hear about this restaurant :)

Also, I made beer bread this morning and now I know that when you say Guinness cupcakes, you mean with the beer. Yay chemistry!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Anonymous said...

Chez Panisse is my favorite place after the French Laundry of course!

Melissa said...

You made a souffle?? WOW! You're amazing.

We had to continue on foot, each gal carrying a pot or tray of food, wandering the streets, in the fog, lost. Perfect setup for a horror flick.

What an image.

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Unknown said...

See why I sent you that book? I tell ya, Julia ALWAYS works.

krysta said...

please post about chez panisse! congrats on the souffle and your anniversary.

Anonymous said...

The closest I've been to Chez Panisse is taking a class on Sauce from a former sous-chef now at CIA.

I broke my Bernaise, which was good as she wanted to rescue one.

Debra said...

For the caramel candy, waiting at least overnight is necessary...you can put in the fridge for a little bit to hasten the hardening process if you like.